For some background information on this one of a kind show, Bridal Expo is a one-stop shopping experience where industry professionals from Chicago and Milwaukee’s top wedding retailers are on hand to answer all of your important planning questions. Participating vendors create lavish displays, which showcase their products so that you can easily see everything they have to offer for your wedding. From DJ services to time saving planning tips, a bridal fashion show to wedding photography, and cake tastings to bouquet inspiration, Luxury Bridal Expo has it all! MDE has participated in several Luxury Bridal Expo’s in the past and we are looking forward to participating in this fall’s expo with Jim and the rest of his team!
Now, for the big reveal — here are some fabulous things that we bet you didn’t know about Jim! Enjoy all of the fun facts he kindly shared with us.
1. I grew up with deaf parents, so I am fluent in sign language. I grew up pretty quickly and had a lot of responsibility at a very young age, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
2. I am OBSESSED with bridal couture. I don’t know why and it hasn’t always been like this, but since I’ve been in the industry, couture gowns have always been interesting to me. From the fabrics to the cuts, the ad campaigns that hit bridal publications- I love it ALL!
3. I am painfully addicted to bakery cupcakes. I say bakery because I don’t care for the store bought and lucky me, I can call many of my amazing bakery clients and order some. I love them. I love the look of them, the taste of them and have a cheat night once a week with them.
4. I get bored with my look. I’ll cut my hair, grow it out. Wear tailored clothing like suits and dress pants and then go down the rock n’ roll route. I love different types of style and can never commit to just one.
5. My husband is my best friend. Bill and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary this September and if it wasn’t for him, I would never have been introduced into the Wedding Industry. It’s grown into a love and he’s taught me so much.
6. I was on the first season of American Idol in 2002 with Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini. I placed 9th in the country and had the incredible opportunity to tour the U.S. doing 30 cities in 40 days. It was a whirlwind of an experience and something I will never forget.
Thanks Jim!! And congrats on your two year anniversary with Bill! We wish you both the best and love working with you and Luxury Bridal Expo! For more information on Jim and on Luxury Bridal Expo, please visit the official website today!