Before my official departure from MDE, I would like to share 6 things you don’t know about me, and a short farewell to all of the fabulous and talented industry professionals that I have had the opportunity to work with over the past year.
1. My childhood best friend and I thought it was entertaining to make nicknames for everyone and anyone, including ourselves. My ultimate favorite nickname was when we decided that we were Laverne and Shirley from the Laverne and Shirley show-Yes, I was Shirley!
2. My great-grandmother was born and raised in Italy; therefore I have always had a strong connection and love for Italy. I had the opportunity to live in a small Italian city as an au pair and I can happily call this family my second family and my second home.
3. As a child my mother would buy me anything and everything Hello Kitty. She was slightly Hello Kitty obsessed and I will admit I am still drawn to Hello Kitty to this day and I have several Hello Kitty t-shirts and trinkets. As Hello Kitty says, “You can never have too many friends.”
4. I love Venetian, Masquerade, Costume Ball Masks! I am intrigued by the design of them. I designed and created my own Venetian Mask in Venice with my grandmother. If only I could wear this mask every day…
5. If you have ever worked a wedding with me you would know how much I love all things sweet, especially cake and cupcakes! Growing up my mother would always bake for me and to this day I have an extreme sweet tooth!
6. I consider myself to have two passions in life: One of which is my way of releasing stress, freeing my mind and releasing endorphins-Physically working out my body! My second passion is traveling, discovering new cultures, learning, and exploring the beauty of the world.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Michelle Durpetti, Michelle Durpetti Events and some of the fabulous vendors and industry professionals that I have had the opportunity to work with, many of which have became dear friends to me. As I begin to embark on an extreme journey to a new country, a new culture and a whole new world I cannot express how grateful I am to have encountered, worked, collaborated, and built foundations for lasting friendships. This past year has forever formed a lasting impression in my heart, my mind and most importantly my charisma. I will miss working with each and every one of you, as it has been a true pleasure to work within such an incredible professional community. Most importantly I will miss Michelle Durpetti Events and Michelle Durpetti, who has served as a role model to me along with instilling many life and workplace values that I will take with me on my career journey. I am extremely grateful for the joyous encounters that I have had with so many people and as I continue to move forward on my career path, I wish you all the best of luck. Please keep in touch with me as I make my journey all the way to Doha, Qatar and Dubai. Stay tuned for my personal documentary blog.