Happy Labor Day Weekend MDE Followers! Hope everyone is enjoying their extra day off. We know we are!
This week we are divulging 6 Things You Don't Know About Robyn Tornabeni, a fabulous, down to earth, established Chicago hair stylist (and dear friend of ours!), and co-owner of RBOMBSHELLBEAUTY - an MDE fave!
Hmmm...where to begin?? There are so many fun things to know about this lovely lady. Let's begin with some of her basic history. Robyn's family came over to the U.S. and settled in the Chicago-land area in the 1920's. Though she's a native to our city, her Italian and Irish roots tie her abroad to Europe. Similar to our own Michelle Durpetti, Robyn's family also has been in the Chicago restaurant biz for years...so Robyn is not only a style maven but a self starter! You go girl!
Robyn is the co-owner of RBombshellBeauty, an onsite special event hair and make-up business (Rosie Scianna is her partner). She is also a hairstylist at Dennis Bartolomei in the Gold Coast. (FUN FACT: Dennis Bartolomei was the 2011 Salon of the Year Winner - the best salon in Chicago!). Robyn has produced many inspiring, chic, and beautiful hairstyles over the years. She's also a firm believer in following her passion. Though she has been told from time to time not to let her career define who she is, Robyn has no problem allowing her career to define her. After all, she loves what she does, what she creates, and is FANTASTIC at it! She also loves her clients -- and making them look and feel as special and as fabulous as possible -- "it is an OBSESSION," she exclaims. So, without further adu, here are a few secrets of Robyn Tornabeni's dolce vita:
1. Any place that has ample sun, sea and mountains make me very happy, putting me in a heaven-like trance. If it has sun, sea, AND mountains...OMG!
2. I have an affinity for glam and fashion of the 1950's -- winged liner, bouffant crown, beauty mark, gloves and heels!
3. Favorite movie: "It's a Wonderful Life" by Frank Capra, starring Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed. It has been my favorite since I was very little. I would watch it with my parents every Christmas Eve late at night after we had our own gift exchange without the rest of the family...just us three. Each year as I have matured, I have come to understand more of what the film is about...even the subtle adult humor. This classic still holds true today, but even more so! I love George Bailey!
4. I love scallops and mango. Put them both in one dish and it's perfect. It is on the menu Hakkasan Fontainebleau, Miami. Add a cocktail with Champagne, Tequilla, and/or St. Germaine...life is grand!
5. The Buble version of "Feeling Good," is a favorite song. I must start out the day listening to this! However, I do have an obsession with latin music, especially Marc Anthony and Luis Miguel. Oh yes, and the CD, "Oye Mi Canto" by Gloria Estafan is PERFECTO!!!
6. E=mc² -- energy in general and its ripple effect fascinate me and cause me to ponder life a little differently.